Twelve Drummers Drumming
The twelve drummers represent the 12 points of doctrine in the Apostle's Creed:
- I believe in God, the father almighty, creator of Heaven and Earth.
- I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord.
- He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
- He suffered under Pontious Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into the grave.
- On the third day, He rose again. He ascended into Heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
- He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
- I believe in the Holy Spirit,
- the holy catholic (universal) Church,
- the communion of saints,
- the forgiveness of sins,
- the resurrection of the body,
- and eternal life.