The group of self-righteous nationalists in Florida that are planning to burn Korans on the anniversary of 9/11 think they are sending an extreme message to a group of Islamic extremists. They are right; they are sending "a" message. But they are stupid enough to not recognize the following:
- You don't "reach" any member of any other religion by burning their holy book.
- Tit for Tat is NOT what Jesus taught.
- 15 minutes of fame isn't worth the danger they are putting Americans in all over the world.
- "Outreach" in the name of a church usually has positive connotations.
- They are limiting their own ministry to radical, fundamentalist nationalists.
- They are hurting legitimate ministers of the Gospel who are laboring among Muslims to bring the the message of Hope.
- Messages of reciprocation only inflames hard feelings.