In any case, I've been watching the rhetoric fly back and forth about this.
From what I have been able to assertain from researching Social Justice, this is what it amounts to:
- Social Justice = Abortion
- Social Justice = Wealth Distribution
- Social Justice = Progressive Taxation
- Social Justice = Property Redistribution
- Social Justice = Divorce
- Social Justice = Gay Rights
- Social Justice = Gay Marriage
On the surface, Social Justice sounds like something we should all be supporting. It gives the impression that it means "justice for all". But, as I dig further into its meaning, that isn't what it is all about.
As I think more about it, this isn't something I want to be promoting from my pulpit; I am accountable to God for the things I preach. I'm not going to add this to the "hay and stubble" pile.
So, for what it's worth, I'd like to sum up my thoughts on Social Justice:
- Social Justice ≠ Gospel