Well, it was a 7th & 8th Grade Winter Formal Ball.
OK. Let's start off by making some observations:
- There was hardly any dancing. What little there was shouldn't be classified as dancing.
- Formal means formal. It doesn't mean jeans and tennis shoes with a tie.
- Winter: we set the record high temperature for NEOK yesterday. 81 degrees.
- I recognized a total of 4 songs last night. Since when did rap constitute music for a formal ball?
- Anyone anticipating being a chaperon to a Jr. High dance should invest in a good set of ear plugs. It doesn't really matter how silly or old it makes you look, as long as you are able to hear the next day.
- 7th and 8th grade boys haven't grown into their feet yet.
- 7th and 8th grade girls are part girl-part woman. They haven't come to terms with the "part woman" yet. (thank goodness!)
- What ever happened to punch at a school dance?
- Some of the young boys can be incredibly sweet and thoughtful.
- You can actually chaperon a school dance without embarrassing your daughter to death and come off looking rather cool. (except for the earplugs, but see #5 above)