- I thought I would be a better pastor than preacher, but I think it is the other way around.
- It is too easy to get caught up in numbers (attendance, offering, etc)
- In order for a church to grow, the focus must be outside the four walls of the building.
- There is an incredible apathy about the things of God in our society.
- People are waiting for an opportunity to serve.
- People need to love and be loved.
- The Bible is true. (Ok, I knew that one, but it is more and more real to me)
- People are confused about what their role in the Body of Christ should be.
- Sin at home affects church.
- People are selfish.
- People are generous.
- Church goers think they can hide their cigarette breath with mints. (they can't)
- I am constantly amazed to feel the power of God when I preach.
- 20% of the members do 80% of the work in the church.
- I am amazed at the number of church attenders that love darkness rather than the light.
I honestly think I have the best church experience anyone could ever have in their first pastorate. My church members are forgiving, encouraging, and supportive of me, allowing me to grow into the role of pastor. As I've said before, I never thought I would like being a pastor, but I can honestly say, "I love being a pastor!"
If you are interested in praying for our church here are some prayer requests:
- Our new church plant "Native Fellowship Baptist Church" will kick off on Oct 3 with an Indian Hog Fry. The first Bible study will be Oct 8.
- Pray for new families with children.
- Pray for someone to lead our youth.
- Pray for us as we organize our outreach ministry.
If you feel led to support our ministry financially, please make your checks payable to:
Immanuel Southern Baptist Church
611 N. Gertrude Ave.
Wagoner, OK 74467